Monday 13 July 2015

New editing service

When I first began reviewing novels, I had no idea what I had in store for me. My intention was to help fellow indie authors get their novels noticed and reviews (as we all know those are important in order to gain more readers) and in a way it would help get my name out there as an author and member of the writing community. I've reviewed for Reader's Favourite, I'm a member of NetGalley and the Tyndale Blogging community, and of course I have this wonderful blog. I've also recruited a good friend of mine, Lilaina, to participate on this blog as well. While it hasn't necessarily meant more sales for my own novel, I feel I've gained such a wealth of knowledge and I've been in contact with some truly wonderful people. But now I'm taking it one step further.

My goal is to have my career based in the writing field, whether it's as an author, reviewer, or editor. To me, all three are connected and for some reason I've always thought that if someone was going to be one of those they would be all three. And that's exactly what I've done.


Freelance editing delivered with a punch

I have started my own editing company, focusing on Stylistic editing, Copy editing, and Proofreading. I've based my fees on the Editors' Association of Canada, of course using the lower end of the range as I am only starting out.

I am accepting new clients of all types. I know most freelance editors have preferred genres, but I'm open to all. Editing is much different from reviewing, for me. The genres I won't review aren't necessarily the genres I won't edit. That being said, I will edit all genres, including non-fiction. I'm open to editing webpages, blogs, and academic work (however I do not deal with formatting or adhering to a specific style guide.)

If you've seen the types of reviews I write, I hope you know how professional I try to present myself, and how passionate I am about helping indie authors succeed. I'm one of you. I know what it's like to go it alone without the support of a publishing house. This is just another way I know to give back to the writing community. If I've reviewed your novel in the past and are working on another one, I hope you'll consider me for your editing needs.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this valuable information with us. Essay writing is difficult task where every students faces problem. In order to fix this issue we take the help of essay editing service. Polish your essay with Polished paper.

    ReplyDelete