Wednesday 4 January 2017

Book Review: Forever Love by Jessica Nelson

24342074

It's taken me quite a while to get back into doing reviews. I apologize for the delay. Things get in the way sometimes, but I hope to get back in the game with this review.

I honestly read Forever Love quite a while ago but never actually wrote a review for it. Usually I start writing as I'm reading because it's fresh in my mind but this time I struggled. This is not a terrible book, don't get me wrong. But I didn't find anything particularly special about it. I enjoyed the theme of the novel the best. The idea of forgiveness, and accepting others and their past resonates with me and I'm sure it will for other readers. Having this apply to a relationship with God is vital, too. I enjoyed Joe as a character. I was happy to see an imperfect past, and family. I think that's missing in many Christian novels. Maggie, while spunky, just got on my nerves. Near the end, Joe did too. His constant comments about his ex, and and Maggie getting visibly upset went on for too long. Most of that could have been taken out without affecting the plot or outcome.

Maggie would have been a bit better if we saw a bit more development. Her development seemed to happen when she came to Christ. Yes, accepting Joe and the relationship can be seen as a big step for her, but it wasn't as satisfying as it should have been.

Overall, it was an enjoyable and simple read. With a bit more to it (like truly flushing out the issues with Maggie and her family) I think it could be even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment