Thursday 25 December 2014

Release date review: The Infernal Lands by J.C Staudt

The Infernal Lands (The Aionach Saga, #1)


'The Infernal Lands' by J.C Staudt is what happens when an author combines nearly every genre, gives it a punch of a post apocalyptic society, and lets it run wild. At times, it's even reminiscent of the wild west.

This rarely happens to me, but I was hooked from simply the first paragraph. So much so that I had to write that down on my calendar. You may think I'm exaggerating, but you're reading it here.

Early on I got the sense of a Martin-esque world, in regards to the characters and depth. There are quite a few main plots and characters, but that only makes me want to read more and faster. It's difficult to give much of a summary with so many strings of plot, and without giving too much to say. But I can say that this saga is one you do not want to miss. The epic journey of this devastated wasteland is on the scale of Tolkien, without being bogged down by the addition of history lessons. We're given exactly what we need to know, and when. For J.C Staudt's second novel, this is definitely a winner. Keep an eye out for his future books; you absolutely will not be disappointed.

Click here for this book's Amazon page

No comments:

Post a Comment